Yongchusa

Yongchusa

Introduction

  • Traditional Temple No.86 (11. 3rd in 1973 registration)
  • #962, Sangwon-ri, Anui-myeon, Hamyang-gun, Gyeongsangnam-do

Feature

This is only an existing temple among old Jangsusa and 4 small-belonged temples founded by Gakyeondaesa in King Soji 9th year (487) of the Silla, and is the last temple of Haeinsa, Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism No. 12 parish. During 6.25 disturbance, this was destroyed, so in 1953 another temple was set up at Bonghwangdae of Dangbon-ri Anui-myeon. After that, in 1953 here was rebuilt, during promoting the restoration project of the old site. In the surroundings of superb scenic beauty are many cultural assets including Deogyusan Jangsusa Iljumun of Gyeongsangnam-do Tangible Cultural Properties No. 54, keeping the trace of old Jangsusa (Temple). Also here is conveyed as a famous place that Seolpa Sangeondaesa in Jangsusa (Temple) lectured on Hwaeomkyeong gathering priests through the nation. In the backside of Yongchusa (Temple) at the upper stream of Yongchugyegok (Valley) are Gibaeksan County Park designated by this Gun and Yongchu natural recreation forest.

Also in the northwest top of the mountain is Hwangseoksanseong (Fortress) (Historic Asset No. 322) fought a bloody battle with Japanese army during Jeongyujaelan.


Yongchusa

Yongchusa

  • Yongchusa
  • Yongchusa
  • Yongchusa
  • Yongchusa