in front of Ujeon Village, Seoha-myeon, Hamyang-gun, Gyeongsangnam-do
Historical Landmark No. 322
Silla & Goryeo Dynasty
Here is a Poguksik fortress embracing a valley through the left and right ridgeline on top of Hwangseoksan Mountain of sea level 1.190m, a border of Anui-myeon and Seoha-myeon in Hamyang-gun. This fortress as a gateway of Yeongnam & Honam is located in a traffic center linked to Jangsu and Jinan in Jeolla-do. In a view of the construction, when the Silla defeated the Gaya, after that they were competing with Baekje, this is presumed to be built at this time. The total girth is 2.75km. According to Anuihyeon (now, Anui-myeon) fortress of Dongkukyeojiseungram, the girth was 29.240 cheok and here was a town and a country office in the fortress, being conveyed. And now here is a running valley always in the middle of fortress. In King Taejong 10th year (1410) of the Joseon when being rebuilt 6 fortresses: Hwawangsanseong, Johaesanseong, Geumjosanseong, Yeomsanseong, Busanseong of Gyeongsang-do, a record, rebuilt with this, remains. And at that time the size of fortress was registered 34 kyeol. At Jeongyujaeran, nearly in August in King Seonjo 30th year (1597) Cheachalsa Lee Wonik, received orders of the fortress reconstruction and defense, rebuilt this fortress with mobilizing residents of 3 eups; Aneum, Geochang, and Hamyang. But here was destroyed by falling in the battle. Also here is famous for the place where the former Hamyang Gunsu, Jo Jongdo and Anui Hyeongam, Kwak Jun fought to defense from Japanese army at Jeongyujaeran, in King Seonjo 30th year (1597). In August of the same year 500 persons died here owing to falling in the battle. This fortress is combining the part laid by stones and the part stacked by soil. Here, the stoned axle is on the mountain, exposing the natural rock and the stoned and clayish axle is on the edge. The east, west, south, and northeast gate of fortress are arranged with a small tower gate by wood. Around a flowing stream in the east of fortress shows to be arranged some big or small buildings. A looking building-site is presumed a center building by the scale and location. The construction technique possesses both Santak and Hyeobchuk. That is, in the basement used Santak or Naetak, and in the upper part applied Hyeobchuk. An index survey about this fortress started in 1991 and is actually processing the restoration project. Also many visitors of Hwangsuksan are dropping in here.
Surrounded Tourist Attraction
Nongwoljeong (Pavilion) (2.5km), Yongchugyegok (Valley) (3km)