Traditional Temple No. 12 (11. 3rd in 1973 registration)
address : San #259, Chuseong-ri, Macheon-myeon, Hamyang-gun, Gyeongsangnam-do
This temple, the last temple of Haeinsa, Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism No. 12 parish founded at the end of the Silla. After that, in King Jungjong Kyeongjinyeon (1520) of the Joseon Byeoksong Jieomdaesa rebuilt this, and then this called by Byeoksongsa (Temple), being conveyed. 8 Josas with Hwanseongjian, Seolyongsangmin as well as Byeokgyejeongsim, Byeoksongjieom, Buyongyeongkwan, on preserving Korean Seon line before Seosandaesa and Cheongheohyujeong, cultivated their religious sense here. This indicates that Byeoksongsa (Temple) had something special to do with the Seon line of Korean. In King Sukjong 30th year this destroyed by an accident fire. After that Hwanseongjiandaesa rebuilt, and in King Cheongjong Wonyeon (1850) Seolyongdang Sangmindaesa reconstructed. But due to 6.25 disturbance in 1950, this disappeared again. After that in 1960 Woneong Priest Guhan re-established this temple fallen down, continuing to this day. Existent sanctuaries are centering Bogwangjeon. There are Bangjangseonwon and Ganwolru in left, Sanmun and Jongru in front, and Sansingak in back.
Also there are, in temple, Byeoksongsa three-storied pagoda of Treasure No. 474, Byeoksong Mok Jangseung of Folk Material No. 2, Byeoksong Dangjieom Portrait of Gyeongsangnam-do Tangible Cultural Properties, Kyeongamjipchaekpan, Myobeobyeonhwakyeongcheakpan and others. Specially, this was used route of Partisan in the 1950’ disturbance, keeping a tragic history.